Digital radiography, or x-rays, provide the state of the art imaging diagnostic tool to our veterinarians allowing immediate interpretation of organ of concern.
Common diseases found on x-rays:
- Chest -- lung disease (pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma), heart disease
- Abdomen -- foreign body, masses, organ enlargement or displacement, stones
- Skeleton -- fractures, arthritis, dysplasia, inflammation, cancer
- Minor abdominal scans to evaluate liver, spleen, kidneys, and urinary bladder for any abnormalities or major concerns.
- Reproductive scan to find out if your pet is pregnant and current condition of the fetuses (pups) or to evaluate the reproductive system if there are medical concerns
- Major abdominal screenings to evaluate all abdominal organs -- coming soon -- images may be consulted with a specialist of concern Internist or Cardiologist
- Echocardiography with option of doppler -- coming soon -- images may be consulted with a specialist of concern Internist or Cardiologist
Blood pressure will be available for all wellness check ups and for sick visits.
Electrocardiogram (ECG) will be available for our pre-surgical or pre-anesthetic patients as well for our sick patients.
In house laboratory
- Basic diagnostic tools area available for the most urgent cases:
- Electrolyte and glucose monitoring
- Packed cell volume and total protein
- Cytology (ear, skin, tumors), skin scraping
- feline immunodeficiency virus (AIDS)
- feline leukemia virus
- canine parvovirus
- canine heartworms
- common tick diseases
- We partner with IDEXX Diagnostics for most of our laboratory needs including blood sampling for chemistry, blood counts, pancreas/enzyme evaluation, intestinal parasite screening, endocrine screening, microbiology, and pathology.
- In addition, we can do allergy testing and develop an immuno-therapy (allergy medication/vaccine) working together with our consulting Dermatologist through IDEXX as well.